Gifts That Differ

In my Bible reading today, I came across three verses that have been of incalculable comfort to me in my short time in Christian ministry.

"Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness" (Rom 12:6-8).

The relief that came to my heart when I realized that I didn't have to be a carbon copy of every great pastor that I have known and respected. The Lord comforted me in knowing that he had gifted me for specific tasks. Instead of trying to do other things (for which he may not have gifted me), I should concentrate on the ministries in which he has gifted me.

Comments