Repentance: Turning from Sin to God

Since Pastor Hamilton was away for the weekend celebrating his 25th wedding anniversary, I had the privilege of preaching in the morning service. He had assigned me a three-message series dealing with salvation: Saving faith (which I preached July 3), Repentance, and Assurance of Salvation. Talk about having to cut down and leave things out!

At any rate, I did my best to speak simply and plainly about what repentance was and what it was not. I tried to emphasize that it was necessary since God commands it (Acts 17:30). I also attempted to communicate the three aspects of repentance: a true knowledge of sin (the intellectual aspect), a genuine sorrow for sin (the emotional aspect), and a change of purpose, desiring to seek pardon (the volitional aspect).

You can download a PDF of the handout that was passed out in the bulletin.

Comments